Northumberland Probus - Home
The Probus Clubs in Northumberland County in the Province of Ontario, Canada, have combined resources to improve communication with their members and with anyone who would like to know more about us.
May Extravaganza 2013
Here you can find:
- News - including both the latest newsletters and an archive of previous issues. Updated regularly.
- Information on meetings and speakers - who the speaker is at the next meeting - and previous meetings - plus many of the other club speciual events. Updated every week or so.
- A Photo Gallery of people, events and outings; Photos can be shown individually or as a slide show.
- Who are the Executive (and committees) and how to contact us or learn more about Probus Clubs. Updated when there are changes.
- Administrative forms (on relevant pages);
- Links to other sites of interest. Worth a visit!
Probus is a world-wide organization sponsored by Rotary with a large group of Clubs in Canada. The name Probus is an acronym for Pro(fessional) and Bus(iness) and has people from all walks of life as members. It has become so popular in the southern Northumberland area that there are now seven clubs here.
Probus Clubs worldwide are not service organizations and are non-sectarian and non-political, although members are largely active volunteers in many community organizations. Clubs are formed to provide social events and schedule speakers to keep members up to date with community issues and happenings. Many members have formed smaller interest groups for hobbies such as sports, entertainment, bridge playing, fishing, travel, computers, etc.
Organization is mostly left up to individual clubs with a minimum of guidelines. Meetings are a key activity and inspiring speakers are invited.
See About Us for more about the organization plus contact details for the individual clubs.
Members should give material they'd like on the site to their Newsletter editors.
A note about this new web site
- Hits: 26223